January 27, 2009

The First Adverts I Ever Created

I'm about to post the very first ads I ever executed in undergrad for the great state of North Carolina. Then after i post the campaign I'm going to post what I am assuming is a real billboard for NC tourism. I thought the comparison was interesting.

I would like to say on a more serious note a quick thank you to David Slayden my first advertising professor who thought I had it in me to make better ads than these even when I thought this was as good as it was going to get. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be in advert making today.


Yes, I have no idea what size these ads are. Yes, I think that is some sort of papyrus (I was going for earthy, duh). Yes, I didn't know how to make the logo without the white box. Yes, this is a lo-res jpg of the ad since I didn't understand files.

And 120 kinds of trees? no way, sign me up!!!

Get it? Lighthouse? I'll tell you a fact no one cares about then you'll come visit right?


I remember the long debate over further vs farther. 37,ooo miles of fresh water streams! hot damn.

So that was the campaign and this is what I found doing an image search in 2008 (keep in mind my ads were created in 2003)



They forgot to mention the nc fact about how many miles of away there are in NC but it's the billboard version so I'm certain it was in the print.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know what I did? I think subconsciously I saw those ads you did a few years ago, and they stuck with me. It's all because of you that I am in North Carolina now. Thanks! For the record, I have explored somewhere around 47,000 miles of water so far. Only 50,000 miles left!

Unknown said...

Oops, I guess I exaggerated how many miles I travelled, seeing now that there are only 37,000 miles of fresh water. Nevermind.